Welcome to the Online Training Portal
Members: Login to enroll in and begin your online training courses.
Non-Members: You must purchase an All Access Pass to enroll in and take online courses.
Price: $699 (1-year access) - Group subscriptions: contact us>.
The All Access Pass one-year subscription enables you to take the online courses whenever and wherever you want. Course Gradebooks indicate progress through your courses and enable you to print Course Certificates upon successful completion. Course documents include Student Guides and trace files (for most cases). Use the Chat feature to communicate with other students and the instructor.
Enter your email address below to receive All Access Pass Event Notifications.
New in the All Access Pass
- March and April Live Events: Registration Open - AAP Subscribers Only (Login and select AAP Special Events to register)
- March 5: Adjusting Key TCP Settings
- April 2: Detecting Delays
- New Online Course: Wireshark Display Filters Tips and Tricks (Wireshark Functionality and Tips Category)[CPE: 1.0] Learn new display filtering techniques including filtering based on fields /strings, using the dreaded "!=" operator, and building offset (and bit-level) filters. This course includes two Notepad++ macros that you can use to convert coloring rules to Filter Expression buttons and convert Filter Expression buttons to coloring rules.
- New Online Course: Regular Expressions (Regex) Primer (Wireshark Functionality and Tips)[CPE: 2.0] Learn to use Regular Expressions (Regex) with your Wireshark display filters to detect key words, decimal and hex values, email addresses, IP addresses and more. In addition. Laura covers the numerous Wireshark PCRE Regex "issues" and work-arounds.
- New Online Course - 10 Essential Wireshark Skills - AAP Subscribers Only ("Wireshark Functionality and Tips" Category) [CPE: 1.5] Follow along as Laura demonstrates 10 cool skills including host name extraction, key word searching with Regex, export to .csv format, TCP delta graphing, filter expression buttons and profile importing.
- New Online Course - CS48: Wireshark Jumpstart (Replaces CS41) - AAP subscribers only ("Wireshark Functionality and Tips" Category) [CPE: 1.5] If you joined Gerald Combs and Laura Chappell for this event, you know it was packed with Wireshark tips and techniques. Laura recorded all the Jumpstart demonstrations for this course. The Event Notes 60-page booklet is in the course "Documents" section.
- Lab Solutions - Wireshark 101: Essential Skills for Network Analysis - AAP Subscribers Only ("Book Courses" Category) [CPE: 3] 46 videos - over 3 hours of training - covering the solutions to all labs in the Wireshark 101 book/ebook/instructor-led course. The Wireshark 101 book is available in paperback/ebook format through Amazon.
Login and select Enroll in Classes to access these new courses. Most courses include a Certificate of Completion.
Wireshark Tip o' the Day @laurachappell
Laura tweeted 100 Wireshark Tip o' the Day via @laurachappell! You can get the entire tip list here.
Train Your Team Onsite
Did you know you can bring Laura Chappell onsite for training? Get an entire team up to speed on basic through advanced Wireshark and network analysis techniques to find performance problems fast.
Check out the sample 2-day and 5-day course outlines and learn more about the ultimate Wireshark training experience.
Note that courses can be shortened or lengthened to meet your needs. Use these sample course outlines as a starting point for your customized course.
Visit the Chappell University Onsite page to learn more about onsite offerings and schedule your onsite course today.
Where Do I Start?
We know there are a LOT of classes in the All Access Pass training portal. This leads to the question... "Where do I start?"
The answer depends on your familiarity with Wireshark and TCP/IP communications.